3 Zone Ductless Air Conditioner
With its versatile approach in space cooling and heating, it is not surprising to see ductless mini split systems gaining wider acceptance across all segments of the HVAC consumers. In the residential sector, ductless system has presented new possibilities that essentially break the barriers in home cooling and heating that are previously deemed insurmountable, if not costly. Unviability of installation, impracticality of extending ductwork, and high-priced application are just a few that come to mind.
Already a great system for single-room cooling and heating, ductless mini split takes it a notch higher when it delivers innovative ways for whole-home climate control. To give you an idea how a ductless mini split system can effectively give you the freedom to have control over your temperature comfort at home, this article will be discussing how this innovative system excellently applies to a tri-zone configuration. If you have three rooms at home that need effective cooling or heating approach, read on to find out why going for a ductless mini split multi-zone system is your best option.
Understanding Ductless Mini Split
Multi-zone Heating Using Ductless SystemDuctless mini splits enable temperature zoning, which means you can divide the house in different segments or comfort areas. Unlike central air conditioner that make use of ductwork routed to each room and releases conditioner through air vents, a ductless system does not use ducts or dot the room with separated air vents. Instead, of ductwork, the areas targeted for cooling or heating will be installed with an individual air handler and one designated thermostat or remote controller. Connected to just one compressor or condenser unit that is installed outside the house, the air handlers can be controlled independently, allowing for regulated use of temperature according to personal preference or temperature demand. Typically, one condenser or outdoor unit can be linked with up to eight air handlers. This kind of flexibility allows for whole-home cooling and heating. Most importantly, this enables ductless mini split to present itself as the viable alternative to centralized climate control.
Zoned Comfort, Cooling or Heating a Three-room Environment
- 1 through-the-wall air conditioner for the living room, 1 window air conditioner for a bedroom, and 1 portable air conditioner for the dining area.
- 1 through-the-wall air conditioner for the family room and 1 window air conditioner each for the two bedrooms.
- 1 portable air conditioner for the living room, one window air conditioner for the bedroom, and one through-the-wall air conditioner for the garage that you like to convert into a new, livable space.
- 1 window air conditioner each for the three bedrooms (master bedroom and two bedrooms)
- 1 centralized air conditioner for the whole home
- 1 air handler each for the living room, bedroom, and a kitchen
- 1 air handler for the family room and one for each of the two bedrooms
- 1 air handler for the living room, one for one bedroom, and one for the converted garage
- 1 air handler each for three bedrooms (master bedroom and two bedrooms)
- 1 air handler each for the living room, one bedroom, and dining area
Comfort Advantage with Tri-zone Cooling and Heating
- Personalized Comfort. You can set the temperature in each of the three rooms that you need to heat or cool based on your preferred degree of comfort.
- Energy-savings. Being able to regulate the temperature enables you to cut your energy use and lower your power bills.
- Greater Convenience. With the aid of designated thermostat and controllers, you can easily set the temperature in each room.
- Versatile Application. If you decide to renovate your house, add a room, or convert an existing area into a functional space, you can simply add another indoor unit and connect it to the compressor.
How Much Should You Expect to Pay for a Tri-zone Ductless Mini Split Installation?
- The number of air handler to be used has direct impact on cost. The more air handler, the more expensive.
- The installation will be a little bit more complex than just installing a 1:1 system or one outdoor unit for one indoor unit in a single room. With three rooms, you pay thrice the cost.
- More zones mean more requirement or adjustment for accessories. For example, you will have to use longer line sets or electrical line.
Find Your Tri-zone Ductless Mini Split Solution at ComfortUp
For a great selection of ductless mini splits models with varying capacities for your tri-zone ductless mini split installation, you can visit ComfortUp.com