Best Air Conditioner Units for Hotels?
AT THIS TIME, WE NO LONGER SELL ETAC OR PTAC PRODUCTS. CLICK HERE TO LEARN ABOUT WHY WE HAVE SWITCHED OUR FOCUS TO DUCTLESS MINI SPLITS AND WHY THEY'RE PROBABLY THE PERFECT SOLUTION FOR YOUR NEEDS.
When they stay in a hotel, what do you think travelers across the globe prefer the most? Good room service? Nope. Swimming pool? Nay. Breakfast? Probably. In-room Wi-Fi? Could be. Guess what? If you’re a hotelier or involved in any way to hotel or hospitality management, then here’s a gem of advice: You might have to start paying a little more attention to your establishment’s air conditioning system. That is, of course, if the Trip Barometer study on travel trends last year by popular travel site Trip Advisor is any indication.
The survey has taken note of the amenity that guests would want to have the most in a hotel. At least 63% of 44,000 survey respondents said that air conditioning is the top “must-have” once they checked in. These respondents consist of travelers and people involve in the hotel industry across the globe Okay, AC comfort is a deal-breaker it seems—more than breakfast (40%).
Comfortable Temperature Means Comfortable Stay
Get Rid of Inefficient, Impractical Cooling SolutionsMost hospitality establishments still grapple with the cost and complexities that are related to their cooling systems. Bigger hotels typically use centralized air conditioning systems where rooms are vented and the cooled air is processed through a central cooling unit. Smaller hotel and local lodging houses prefer through-the-wall units or window-type units. What do these conventional cooling systems have in common? They’re all costly to maintain and don’t really give the exact comfort that guests expect. The question now is, is there an alternative?
Packaged Terminal Air Conditioner (PTAC)
Some better hospitality establishments, if you’ll notice, now use a system called Packaged Terminal Air Conditioner (PTAC). It is a type of cooling and heating solution that is best to use for single-room applications. Compared with through-the-wall air conditioners, PTAC is bigger, performs better, and provides more powerful cooling/heating. With PTAC, hotels can accommodate guest and ensure maximum temperature comfort whether it is summer or winter—all at a lower cost. Take note that PTAC is a self-contained air conditioning and heating system. It means it is a compact system but better than room air conditioners. It can also be used as a perfect supplement to the centralized HVAC system.
PTAC is easy to install and operate, highly efficient and affordable, and extremely reliable. Consider PTAC as the generic type of system. And like most cooling and heating systems, PTAC as a technology has evolved. Nowadays, upgraded versions of this system are released and made available. But PTAC, as an ideal hotel AC system, can’t do well as people’s needs change and the cost of doing business is becoming more challenging and difficult.
As new requirements for efficiency and performance become standard, existing PTAC systems can hardly cope. What is now required are higher energy-efficiency, better capabilities, smarter control system, superior performance, enhanced flexibility, and cost-effectivity. Ultimately, these expectations bring the HVAC industry to the most logical conclusion: Create a better version of PTAC.
Gree E-TAC for Enhance Comfort
E-TAC at a Glance
Compared with PTAC, E-TAC is the smarter, more advanced system. It consists of the following features that you would not even find in any typical PTAC system:
• Interchangeable and washable air filters that can be used permanently.
• Accessible chassis that can be easily removed.
• Outdoor air ventilation that provides up to 75 CFM of fresh outside air inside the indoor room.
• Bi-directional discharge grille which is an irreversible, polycarbonate-made grille that lets the air flow upward at a 40- degree angle and up 80-degree angle to the floor.
• System configuration that allows you to configure the unit according to your desired settings.
• Digital touch pad control that enables precise temperature adjustment and temperature management functions.
• Stay dry dehumidification function that helps reduce humidity inside the room and prevent the growth of mold and mildew.
• Sleep mode function that allows the unit to be set between 0.5 to 24 hours and make it stop on a specific time.
• Setpoint stopper with a default economical range of 65˚ to 78˚.
• Wall thermostat interface that is easy to install and comes with removable terminal connector.
• Energy management interface that can be easily installed through a removable terminal connector.
• Leak-current detection and interruption (LCDI) plugs that help prevent electrical fire.
• Seamless basepan that serve as a protection against water accumulation.
• Temperature-activated drain valve that opens when the outdoor temperature drops below 55˚ F (12.8˚ C) to prevent water from freezing in the basepan.
• Condensate (water) disposal system that helps ensure the efficiency of the system
Why Use Gree ETAC?
Gree E-TAC provides excellent benefits that include the following:
• Superior performance. Whether for cooling or heating, E-TAC ensures maximum comfort experience.
• Energy-efficient. E-TAC is built using energy-saving components and features.
• Flexible design. E-TAC is ductless and easy to install. It can be adapted to any structural considerations.
• Highly cost-effective. E-TAC provides substantial cost-savings due to low installation and maintenance costs.
PTAC/ETAC, Changing the Hospitality Business
We’ve gone far beyond facades and the current customer needs begin to highlight the importance of having a good experience. In a hotel setting, a comfortable room temperature is usually equated with a comfortable stay. Comfortable stay means great experience. Great guest experience is good for business. Today, hotels and the rest of the hospitality sector are being challenged to create a better guest experience through better temperature comfort. To facilitate this aim, a more efficient and more powerful air conditioning solution becomes necessary as ever.
The introduction of Packaged Terminal Air Conditioner (PTAC), and later, their upgrade versions like Gree’s E-TAC or Engineered Terminal Air Conditioner (E-TAC) make the hospitality business operators well-equipped for cooling and heating challenges. Still grappling with single-room cooling challenges in your establishment? Use E-TAC to enhance your business by providing maximum indoor air comfort. If you want to shop PTAC/ETAC units please visit ComfortUp.com and and hit the chat button if you have any questions. Welcome to ComfortUp!