Ductless Mini Split A/C Learn Center
Learn from the experts in ductless mini split systems
Best Window Air Conditioner Reviews
AT THIS TIME, WE NO LONGER SELL WINDOW AIR CONDITIONERS. CLICK HERE TO LEARN ABOUT WHY WE HAVE SWITCHED OUR FOCUS TO DUCTLESS MINI SPLITS AND WHY THEY'RE PROBABLY THE PERFECT SOLUTION FOR YOUR NEEDS.
As the demand for cold runs proportionate with the socio-ecological realities, like the rising mercury level impacting the balance between urbanized lifestyle on one hand and ecological preservation on the other hand, the choice of the right air conditioning system underpins the challenges related to air conditioning system that’s now an integral part of modern life. Nowhere this is more evident than in the United States where three-quarters of the household population use an air conditioner. From 1993 until 2009, according to the US Energy Department citing a figure from a survey, the percentage of American households that use air conditioners significantly rose from 68% to 87%, a staggering figure that reveals the extent of widespread use of AC in the country. Now just imagine that figure growing exponentially over the years. Of course, you can safely bet on a much higher percentage today. The agency, likewise, determines the type of air conditioning system that is prevalently used. It was concluded that aside from centralized air conditioning unit, window air conditioner comes out as the system of choice. Now, take note that the type of air conditioning system used, as the DOE states, varies in different region in the United States. This is understandable when taken in the context of looking at climate differences, household income differences, and variations in housing types among these regions. Centralized air conditioning systems, according to the Energy Department, for instance is more commonly used in the Midwest as well as in the Southern and Western parts of the country. The use of room air conditioners, however, is more prevalent in Northeastern region. Nonetheless, it must be pointed out that between centralized air conditioning unit and window air conditioner, the latter is more popular. Thus, this article examines what the window air conditioner is, what it can deliver, and what are the best brands that you can use.
What is a Window Air Conditioner?
Why Use a Window Air Conditioner?
- Easy to install. Unlike ducted systems, window air conditioners can be easily mounted on an AC sleeve which is placed and installed in a small hole in a wall.
- Can be used in any single room environment. Window air conditioners are designed for single rooms regardless of type or location.
- Augments your existing cooling system. Being designed for single-room application, window air conditioners is commonly used as a supplementary solution to a home’s already existing climate control system.
- More affordable than other systems. Window air conditioners have lower upfront costs than any other type of air conditioning systems. This notwithstanding the variations on price in terms of size, capacity, brand, or any other price-influencing factors. In fact, while the price range of most air conditioners runs in the thousands of dollars, you can find window air conditioners priced between $150 to $500. With installation costs included, the most you can expect to pay for the lowest-priced window air conditioner is less than a thousand bucks.
What Brands Offer the Best Window Air Conditioners?
Friedrich Air Conditioning
- Cooling only (from 5800 to 36000 Btu)
- Heat pumps (from 10000 to 24000 Btu for cooling and 8800 to 22000 Btu for heating)
- Cooling plus electric heat (7500 TO 36000 Btu for cooling and 4000 to 17300 Btu for heating)
- FriedrichLink® Wi-Fi Adapter to enable remote and wireless access from computer or smart mobile device.
- Premium carbon filters with a MERV 6 rating for deodorizing bad odors and eliminating air contaminants.
- Wireless thermostat which can be used to control up to 8 Kühl units.
- Communication module that allows seamless communication with the KWW thermostat/management system.
- Drain kit which is used to catch the condensate that is being released.
- Window mounting kits for installation
The Kuhl Difference: Rugged, Robust, and Durable Construction
- Air flow systems. Strictly evaluated and tested through Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), a sophisticated simulation tool that helps visualize the air capability of the air conditioning units.
- Air filters. Tested and made sure to have the best adsorption capacities to ensure cleaner, healthier, and fresher air.
- Level of sound generated. Properly measured and adjusted to be at the lowest noise level possible. In fact, Kuhl air conditioners are among the quietest room AC solutions.
- Control system. Tested and evaluated for operational reliability.
- Extensively subjected to package-performance tests to ensure that the units would be able to withstand the strains and hazards of transportation, as well as all the associated challenges typically posed by transportation environments.
Why Choose a Kuhl Room Air Conditioner?
- Smart control options for convenience and personalized comfort. You can remotely access, control, and manage Kuhl room air conditioners from computer or any smart mobile device, like your smartphone or tablet and set the unit’s operation using your desired settings.
- Durable construction and superior components. Kuhl room air conditioners are built using the highest-grade materials.
- Quiet operation. Built using the sophisticated sound reduction technology, the Kuhl room air conditioners operate at a very low sound levels.
- Energy-efficient. All Energy Star-rated, the Kuhl room air conditioners also boast of energy-saving components and functionalities.
- Safe and secure system. The Kuhl room air conditioners are built with EntryGard™ anti-intrusion protection that helps guard against unauthorized access, LCDI power cord that prevents current leakage, aluminum-made protective rear griller that secures the outdoor coil, as well as an insect barrier.
- Easy installation. Easy to install, the Kuhl room air conditioners can be easily mounted in the window or through the wall and come with excellent installation options.
- Superior filtration system. The Kuhl room air conditioners have advanced filtration capability, thanks to enhanced air filtration function, quality filters, high MERV rating, and well-designed ventilation system both for fresh air and exhaust.
- Environment-friendly. The Kuhl room air conditioners use the ozone-friendly refrigerant called R-410A, RoHS compliant, and packed in recyclable materials.
Why Choose a Chill Room Air Conditioner?
- Control over comfort. Chill room air conditioners are built with an array of smart control options that include 24-hour timer, 3 cooling and fan speeds, 4-way airflow control, and digital remote control for convenience and customized comfort.
- Low energy consumption. The Chill room air conditioners are Energy Star-rated and have high energy efficiency ratings.
- Money-saving capability. Aside low energy consumption, the Chill units have a MoneySaver® setting that helps you manage your energy use.
- Easy installation. All Chill room air conditioners are easy to install, thanks slide-out chassis, sleeve that’s built into the unit, standard installation materials, curtains on the side that can be expanded, power cord that can run either on left side or right side of the unit, and the flexibility of the system to be installed as thru-the wall or window unit.
- Better filtration technology. Chill air conditioners are built with advanced, washable air filters.
- Environment-friendly. Using the ozone-friendly refrigerant R32 refrigerant, the Chill room air conditioners will enable you to reduce your household’s carbon footprint.
- Secure system. The Chill room air conditioners are designed with EntryGard™ anti-intrusion
- Protection that helps prevent unauthorized access of the system.
- Ultra-quiet operation. The Chill room air conditioners operate quietly.
LG BTU Window Air Conditioner (LW1016ER)
- Digital display that shows the accurate level of temperature inside the room.
- Sleep mode functionality that works to adjust the temperature inside the room based on your need while you’re resting.
- Auto-restart function that enables the system to reset to original settings the power is back on after a power outage.
- Fresh air circulation function that helps reduce the humidity level inside your room by enabling the system to distribute fresh air.
- Remote controller that you can use to conveniently operate the system wherever you are inside the room.
- Turbo mode that helps speed up the cooling/heating process.
- Uniform air distribution that enables the even distribution of conditioned air throughout the room.
- Active carbon filter for protecting the system, deodorizing air, and eliminating airborne contaminants.