Ductless Mini Split A/C Learn Center
Learn from the experts in ductless mini split systems
Ductless Air Conditioner for Apartments and Condos
Downsides of Conventional AC Systems
- Multi-family units normally require greater performance from any installed HVAC system. With many spaces to heat or cool, traditional AC solutions, like a centralized HVAC system, will be forced to distribute conditioned air to greater area. Due to the structural limitations, the whole system is more prone to duct leakage and other conditions that may result to insufficient cooling or heating.
- Some tenants normally use room air conditioners to localize their climate control system, but these systems are usually not efficient and powerful enough to provide cooling and heating that ensure comfortable temperature and energy-savings.
- When it comes to condos and apartments, space-saving is very important. In this respect, using a bulky system like room air conditioners might not be a good idea.
- Using centralized air conditioning system makes it impossible for tenants to have more control over their temperature comfort.
Why Use a Ductless Mini Split System?
Ductless mini split systems come with exceptional benefits that make them ideal for indoor environments like condos and apartments. These advantages include the following:
- Dual Comfort, One System: As a reversible system, mini splits can cool or heat your home, either as an air conditioning system or as a heat pump. This unique feature makes it one of the most cost-effective and versatile comfort solutions. Although you can use a mini split as a complementary system, it is also best to use as a standalone unit whether you want to cool/heat a single room or the whole house. Click here to see our Multi-Zone options!
- Easy and Low-cost Installation, Versatile Applications: Unlike traditional systems, mini splits are very easy to install. Because they don’t require the bulky and often costly ductwork, you can practically install them anywhere. This makes them cost-effective and highly versatile, which is a perfect alternative if you have some complex application or specific cooling or heating issues that you can’t easily tackle using the traditional systems, like in condos or apartments for instance.
- High Energy-efficiency, Huge Savings: Energy Star-rated, available with the highest SEER in the market, and designed with the best energy-saving components and functionalities, mini splits typically consume less energy for the same amount of work that traditional systems do. With lesser energy use, you are assured of higher savings on your energy bill. Click here to see our Super Efficient Gree Sapphire Systems!
- All-Weather, All-Season Comfort: Most mini splits are inverter-driven, making them more efficient in cooling/heating your home no matter the weather or the season, ensuring you a consistent year-round comfort.
- Advanced Features, Superior Performance: Most mini splits bring exceptional capabilities through a range of highly advanced features and components—from the powerful compressor to highly intuitive controls. This ensures you maximum comfort experience through superior performance from a superior comfort solution.
- Made for Extreme Weather: With some highly advanced mini splits, extreme weather is no problem at all. Whether it’s a freezing cold or a scorching heat, mini splits can give you comfort just the same. In the case of mini split heat pumps, they actually have superior thermal performance, enabling you to consistently enjoy warm comfort even during extreme cold climate conditions. Click here to shop Extra Heating Systems.
- Smart Operation, Personalized Comfort: Ductless mini split units come with an array of smart operational functionalities and control options that enable you personalize your whole comfort experience. With mini splits, you will have a range of options—whether you want to control the fan speed, adjust the airflow, time the unit’s operation, or set the room temperature, among many other things.
- Smart Controllers, Complete Control Over Comfort: Most mini split systems are available with easy-to-use and multi-functional smart remote controllers that enable you to have complete control over your comfort. Most notably, the recent models have controllers that that are built with smart technologies, like an infrared system. Make your system smart home compatible with this Honeywell Thermostat.
- Remote Access, Mobile Control: Some really advanced mini split models are Wi-Fi-enabled. This means that you can connect these units to the internet and conveniently control the whole system directly from your smartphone or any smart mobile device where a dedicated mobile app is installed.
- Robust Design, Secure System: As a highly reliable climate control system, ductless mini splits are usually robustly designed and built using quality materials for frames and components. These are highly secure systems that are specifically engineered for self-diagnosis and protection. By itself, a highly advanced mini split unit can automatically diagnose itself after system errors or lock itself to prevent unauthorized access to the system.
- Advanced Air Filters, Quality Indoor Air: Mini splits have built-in advanced air filters. Through multi-stage filtration, mini splits are able to deodorize bad odors and eliminate at least 99.9% of harmful airborne contaminants inside your home. These quality filters also help maintain the reliability of the system by keeping out dusts and particles that can clog and damage the internal components of your mini split. Some mini split air filters are easy to access, remove, clean, or replace. They usually last for many years. Click here to shop all filter upgrade options!
- Quiet Operation, More Convenience: Adding to your convenience, mini split systems operate at very low sound levels. Most indoor units run very quietly (barely a whisper) that you wouldn’t even noticed that it’s in operation mode.
- Subtle appearance, Unobtrusive Design: The indoor unit of a typical mini split system has simple, slim appearance. It doesn’t take up a lot of space and can fit unobtrusively into your home decor regardless of style.
- Environment-friendly, Low Household Carbon Footprint: Using the non-ozone-depleting refrigerant R410A(Puron®) and consisting of recyclable components, mini splits are proving to be more environment friendly than any other available systems.
- Best Warranty Offers, Big Incentives: Most mini split models are available with some of the best warranties in the industry. The high-efficiency of these system also makes you eligible for various rebates and tax credits.
Select the Right Ductless System that Suits Your Needs