Multiple Room Air Conditioner, Your Best Option
When it comes to cooling and heating solutions—whether at home, in a commercial establishment, or in an institutional facility—unbalanced temperature is one of the biggest challenges. With the lack of options, it has become common for many of these types of environments to have some areas that are not cool enough or warm enough. Thus, it is not surprising that most homes have one or two rooms that are rarely used because the climate inside are either intolerably hot or unbearably cold.
If you are using a centralized air conditioning and heat pump system, for example, you are almost powerless over these hot spots and cold spots. And the worst part is, you have no means of controlling the energy that the problematic areas consume. You might as well imagine the airflow that comes out of the vents inside these rooms as wasted energies that would just keep padding your electric bill. Obviously, the unbalanced temperature brings you the following main concerns: 1. You don’t really get the exact comfort that you need 2. More chance for disagreement over the temperature among family members 3. Some rooms are not fully maximized 4. Energy is wasted 5. You get higher electricity bill
Why Unbalanced Temperature Happens?
What is a Multi-Zone Ductless Mini Split Cooling and Heating System?
When It Is ideal to Install a Multi-Zone Split System?
- When you have a large space to cover and not just one room. The best example are two-storey homes, dormitories, nursing homes or assisted care facilities, offices, and many others.
- When some rooms that you need to heat or cool are out of the path of your existing ductwork.
- When you’re living in an old home with no existing ductwork or when ductwork is not feasible.
What are the Advantages of a Multi-Zone Mini Split Cooling and Heating?
- Customized Cooling and Heating, Personalized Comfort. A multi-zone mini split system will enable you to directly set the temperature in each zone according to your own needs or preference, allowing you to have a completely personalized comfort experience.
- Precise Temperature Control, Enhanced Comfort Experience. At the end of the day, a cooling and heating system is always about giving you the best comfort experience that you need. Unlike conventional systems, a multi-zone ductless mini split system has better technology, functionalities, and components that enable you to enjoy the exact temperature that you need without worrying about unbalanced temperature in some parts of the home.
- High Energy-efficiency, Bigger Savings. Aside from being a system designed with high energy-efficiencies, a multi-zone ductless mini split system lets you save more energy by providing you with an option to turn off the indoor unit in rooms that are not occupied. Of course, lower energy consumption means lower electricity bill.
- Smarter Control, Greater Convenience. In a multi-zone configuration, you have indoor units that you can use with a dedicated thermostat as well as handheld or a remote wireless controller.
- Flexible Installation, Versatile Application. Due to lack of ductwork, a multi-zone ductless mini split system can be installed in any residential, commercial, or institutional facility regardless of style and other key considerations, like the size of the space to heat or cool. It is also perfect when installed in a specific environment where ductwork is an issue, such as a garage, attic, basement, and other types of a room addition. The air handlers, although typically stylish, are also designed compact, simple, and subtle in appearance which allow for unobtrusive installation in any type of room.
What are the Examples of an Excellent Multi-Zone Ductless Mini Split System?
- Gree Multi 21 Zone System and the soon-to-be-released Gree Multi 21+ Series which are both a configuration of up to five zones. Gree also offer its innovative Super Multi-zone Inverter Heat pump system.
- Mitsubishi Electric has a Zoned Comfort Solution™ that includes one outdoor unit that can be connected to up to eight indoor units.
- LG Ductless Multi-zone System that can be configured for multiple-room heating and cooling through one outdoor unit that is connectible with up to eight air handlers.
- Panasonic Total Home Comfort Solution that combines the powerful capabilities and excellent performance of a ductless mini split system and a highly advanced ventilation system.
How Much Does a Multi-Zone Mini Split Cost?
- The type of the system.
- The size of the mini split unit
- The number of air handlers that you need
- The complexity of installation that is required
- The necessity for other accessories
- The size of your home or specific rooms that you need to heat or cool.
- The capacity of the system that you need in relation with the size of your home or the rooms.
- The type of indoor and outdoor units that suits your situation and installation requirements.
- The different key accessories that you need in relation to the installation of multiple indoor units and their connection with a single outdoor unit.